Friday, October 20, 2006

Day 4

Well it is Friday at about 9:00 AM Central time. We are getting ready to head out towards Arkansas. My next post will not be until Sunday night when we make it to my parents house in Tennessee. We plan on camping tonight in the Ozarks National Forest and then making it to Nashville on Saturday. The weather looks good for the next few days. The big cold front has moved out of the area and it is getting warmer.

Here is a picture from Wednesday morning during my drive to Dallas. It was taken on I-40 in New Mexico...
IMG_0070

Today we rode about 440 miles. We left Dallas on I-30 towards Arkansas and our first stop was in Hope, Arkansas – the birthplace of Bill Clinton….actually we drove through on the freeway as fast as we could when we came to Hope, Arkansas…LOL.

Day 3

We then exited I-30 at Caddo Valley to take Highway 7 north. Highway 7 is listed as one of the 10 best driving roads in the United States. It runs through the Ouachita National Forest and the Ozark National Forest. We passed through Hot Springs, Arkansas and even got to see Nimrod Lake. Yes there is a real place called Nimrod and it is in Arkansas.

Our plan today was to camp in the Ozark National Forest, unfortunately we couldn’t find the campground that we were looking for and there were not many other options. We decided to backtrack and get a Hotel in Russellville next to I-40. The only bad part about the area is that it is a Dry county…give me a break. Good thing Chris and I had our own bottle of Glenmorangie scotch.

Tomorrow we plan to make it to Nashville. We will continue north on Highway 7 to 412 east. Then we will pickup 70 into Nashville. Tomorrow’s total distance will probably be about 472 miles.

Day 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nimrod??? =)) I knew you were going to see some strange things. Have a blast. Can't wait until your next post.

-g3ck0m0n