Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Day 7

Monday, October 23, 2006

Walmart Supercenter Alert
The count is now 13….
IMG_0104

Miles ridden today = 98
Total motorcycle miles = 1,382

Today we slept in and just hung around with the family. We had to find Chris some warmer clothes as this cold system that moved in has dropped the temperatures to 15 degrees below normal. Chris doesn’t have the heated clothing like I do, that was the best purchase that I made for this trip. We took my Mom’s car to drive to Johnson city to checkout a few motorcycle stores for clothing. When we got on the freeway it was snowing lightly… holy crap. Man this is going to be some cold riding.

IMG_0125
The US speed skating team has really let themselves go….

We left my parents house a little after 5 PM for a short ride to our condo in Sevierville, TN. This will be our base area for two days as we do some runs through the Smokey Mountains and the Cherokee National Forest. It was about 39 degrees on the ride but we stayed pretty warm with our gear. I don’t think we would make it for a long ride with these temperatures. The forecast shows the weather warming up for us as the week goes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That's not the Chris I know, is it?!?!?! =))

You guys are having too much fun. I guess I need to get one of those 2 wheeled thing-a-ma-jiggers and join in on all the fun next year...

-g3ck0m0n

Patrick R. Neeb said...

Yes it is the same Chris....just a little more scary.. LOL